Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Best Friend "in the house"!


Scott at TFC doing an illustrated sermon!
What a great day! Worshiping God with family and friends and a great friend. It isn't very often that I get to sit next to my best friend and worship together. It seems that most Sunday's we are pretty busy - being we pastor 2 different churches in 2 different cities. Unless we are at some conference or in Africa together, these moments are few and far between. Pastor Scott called on Tuesday of this past week and was just checkin in on my recovery. He told me that he would be available to speak for me if I needed him to. I thought that I would be fine but took him up on his offer. That's what friends do - they are strong for you while you are weak. It is always great to be with Scott and for him to be a friend to TFC. 5 years ago, I was going to Memphis, TN to a young pastors conference. I had just became Sr. Pastor of TFC and my prayer that morning was - "God, direct me to someone that can become a great pastoral friend to me". Those few days I was able to meet many young pastors from all over the country, but when I met Scott Bledsoe -- I knew he was the one that God was sending to me. 5 years later we have grown to become best friends. Our relationship still continues to grow each time we are together. I love seeing my cell phone light up with his name on it. He encourages me, gives me insight, listens to me (sometimes he even agrees) and is always a prayer partner with me no matter the situation. Thank you TFC for praying for me - This week I regain my strength and driving privileges, as well as my family, who were gone this past weekend. Baby, I missed all of you guys. Comment on the following question - Who makes you smile when you see there name on your cell and why?

Sunday afternoon brunch with my best friend at "The Blue Dog Cafe"

6 comments:

Janie said...

Even though I get to see Josh every day, I still smile when I see his name on my cell phone. He is my best friend and he always makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I love to see Tessy and Rachel C.'s names on my cell phone because we don't talk to each other very often. I love to see Shane's name too. I even have an assigned ring tone for his call. It's "Being without you takes a lot of getting used to...." (appropriate, I think)
Also, I'll admit proudly that when I see him walk into the room where I am...my heart still skips a beat and I feel like I did when we were dating.

Anonymous said...

Josiah has a special ring. Whenever he calls, my phone sings the song "My baby loves me just the way that I am." I usually answer it by finishing the song. I get happy because it makes me remember that he really does love me just the way that I am.

rachel said...

Evertime I see my mom's name on my cell phone I smile. Cause I know exactly what she's gonna say or ask...Questions, errands, what are you doing, i love you, and did I mention MORE questions. haha

Anonymous said...

david has "sugar pie honey bun you know that i love you" which is always great and everyone else has "stick to the status quo" good ole' high school musical!! haha i lovee to hear micah sing "soarin' flyin'"

Tandi Loving said...

#1 Rudy - We both are usually working all day so we do not talk much, but when he calls I always know he is thinking about me and he has stopped for just a minute to let me know it.
#2 - all my family and friends. My heart smiles to know I have so many awesome people to do life with.