Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The "quest" for HOPE!


Dallas Cowboys scoring another Touchdown - 1 of many!


#2 Draft Pick of 2006 - Bush.

Joe Horn signing autographs!
Last night 9 of us headed to Shreveport to catch some NFL Pre-season action in person. Saints vs. Cowboys on Monday Night Football. Why do we love MNF? Brees, Reggie, Horn, no TO, Big Tuna, Bledsoe, ESPNHD, and all the rest were in one stadium on a hot, steamy, and rainy Monday night! Alright, I really just wanted to see Reggie Bush in person. Late in the game, I made my way to the sideline to get some close up shots of some of the Saints players. I even got a chance to speak with reggie Bush (of course, he didn't realize that) and shook hands with Joe Horn (not sure if that was a good thing or not). It was amazing to me how many people wanted a picture of or with Reggie Bush. Thousands calling out his name with cameras in hand! I actually took a picture of all the people taking pictures. I thought for a moment, people everywhere are constantly looking for a sign of hope. For many of these Saints fans, RB is that ray of hope. That possibility. That silver lining in the clouds. That "this might be the one" feeling. Of course, I am NO RB (I never got a signing bonus, did I Boogie?), but I thought, that's our job description, to "bring hope and encouragement" to those around us. Believe for the best and speak life into every situation, while building faith! Try it today.

Highlight moments of the trip - Blow out in Alexandria, GPS (Lola) taking us to the wrong stadium, 30 min. rain storm, $4 hot dogs, 1 hour long traffic jam, Drive-thru at Wendy's in a 40 Ft. RV, getting home @ 2:30AM, Saints getting blown-out (used to that), close up with Reggie Bush, and the drunk Carolina Panthers fan (I know he never made it home after the game). 9 close friends at a MNF game in the rain - PRICELESS!

Fans tring to get a glimpse of hope - Reggie Bush!

Ordering 9 meals at a Wendy's Drive-thru in an RV!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the "priceless" slogan at the end. Count me IN for LSU!!! and don't you forget it! I still haven't seen the inside of that RV