Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day 6 - " I am really lov'n this recovery stuff"


Matt putting on the last of the 6 layer sauce on the ribs!
Day 6 and I am already thinking about extending the recovery time. I'm thinking like maybe 2 weeks or so. If the meals stay at the level they are at now - maybe 3 weeks - a reeeeal sloooooooow recovery. Matt and Julie Leece set the bar last night. Hosted at the home of Dan and Melissa Savoie, the feast was on! It started with this appetizer that included grilled shrimp, spinach, and mozzarella cheese on French bread. I told Dan that if he didn't stop eating that stuff, he would not be hungry for supper. He didn't care! Followed by fresh salad then the main course - BBQ beef ribs (btw - they were slow-cooked for over 5 hours - they melted in your fingers - Oh, Jesus), smothered red potatoes in onions, broccoli covered in a cheese sauce. "To Die For"! Then to finish of the night - Homemade chocolate banana splits with cream and roasted walnuts on top around the pool. Julie actually made the chocolate syrup - not that store bought squeeze stuff - like over the stove with a spoon and stirring stuff all together. What a great evening with great friends! I'm not sure who is up for today but I just can't wait. Thanks for all the emails and phone calls - it's always great to know you have people that love you and care about you - I decided a long time ago - that I do not want to do life by myself but with as many as possible - nights like tonight confirm that decision. Hope to see all of you this weekend.

A few Moments before desctruction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey don't forget about your delicious chicken nuggets that Mcdonalds and I prepared for you tonight. I miss the boys and Tessy!