Tuesday, August 15, 2006

LCA sets new attendance record!


LCA Parent Orientation for the new school year!
Last night was parent orientation for the new school year for Lafayette Christian Academy. We once again set a new record for our 34 year history as a school. 502 students will hit the campus in a few days, breaking last years mark by over 70 students. This year we will use our new parking lot and drop-off pavilion that was completed over the summer months. Excitement was in the air last night, as hundreds of students and parents poured into the auditorium last night. Picking up uniforms, class assignments, meeting teachers, going over policies, signing up for various parent support groups, all kind of things happening.

My 9 year old son, Sterling, my mom and dad, and I were talking about college funding the other day. Sterling pipes in and says, "I won't need any college funding! I will be getting a athletic scholarship to U OF L to play soccer. My mom chimed in and asked Sterling if UL had a good soccer team. Sterling replied, "I don't really know, but ONE DAY THEY WILL". What a dream and desire. I immediately started encouraging him on that pursuit. The real heartbeat of LCA is simply that, "to blow into the sails of the students that God brings us". Our pray is to help your children become everything that God has called them to become and help deposit a servants heart into them. We are excited and blessed because of what God has, is, and will do through LCA. Mr. Savoie, I'm glad your the Principal! The students are fine, it's all those parents! HA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a good picture. tons of people that i didn't see because i was up front. good picture.