Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back Surgery Recovery at the Miller's


TFC Staff meeting at my new office for this week - My House.
On Monday morning I had outpatient surgery on my back. I have been having major issues with a lower disk for over 6 months. I tried avoiding surgery but last Thursday I had a peace about going in on Monday morning. I arrived at Lafayette General Surgical Center at 6:30 am and had a 1 1/2 hour procedure done. I was in recovery from 9:30 till 11 am. Got up at that time and had lunch and was walking around by 2pm. They doctor came in around 5pm and released me to go home. Already I can fill a big difference. I am house grounded until Friday and I have no driving privileges for 10 days. I am walking fine and feel good. A little sore from the 3 inch cut on my lower back, but overall feeling great.
Tuesday is a normal day for me to get together with the staff and go over issues and details of church related things. Since I am grounded, the staff came over today to my living room for staff meeting. Pastor's Shane and Dwayne picked up Olive Garden on their way in. We had lunch together and a 2 hour staff meeting following. We are really excited about the new upcoming series starting in Sept, "Day After Tomorrow" and "Reveling Revelation". An in-depth look and study into the book of Revelation and all the latest Middle East happenings. TFC, we have a wonderful staff. They are committed to Jesus and the families of TFC. Hope to see all of you real soon. This weekend, Pastor Scott Bledsoe will be our guest speaker. He is such a huge friend of mine and big blessing to my life. He will bring a great word to our church and you will be blessed. Thanks for your love and support!

3 comments:

Tandi Loving said...

Hey STAFF - I am enjoying my time home with baby Ashton, but I miss you guys too! Looking forward to being with all of you again!

rachel said...

Staff was great!

rachel said...

p.s. Pastor Dino, told me to tell you HEY, even though he had talked to you on the phone the day before. He says he's prayin' for your back.