Friday, August 18, 2006

Day 5 of recovery - Doing Fine!


Texas Road House - Recovery Dinner - Day 5
Day 5 - Friday, Aug. 18th

It has been 4 days since the surgery and everything seems to be going according to plan. The soreness and pain are gradually leaving and things are healing fine. I have been on light duty since Monday and I actually have been hanging loose and taking it gradually. Tessy and the boys left for Dallas on Thursday, so I have the entire place to myself. Don't feel upset for me on my wife's leaving at this critical time, I had pre-arranged meals with friends throughout the weekend. Last night around 7 pm, Diondi picked me up (I also can't drive) and took me to the Texas Road House! Steak and Baked Potato Baby! I am really starting to love this "recovery time" thing. Tonight, Matt and Julie Leece have arranged BBQ Ribs around the pool for this evening. Of course, they will be picking me up and bringing me back. (that was all part of the deal) If any of you would like to book a meal with me, please email me soon, as spots have filled up relatively fast - there may be a one Saturday meal that is still available - I recommend that you call right now and book your reservations). I have full control of the remote control of my house (until Micha gets back) - I almost had forgotten what that felt like over the last 9 years. I didn't know we had "all those channels". I thought we just had Nickelodeon and Discovery Kid and All you can eat Sponge Bob! However, I miss given up those rights for my family and kids, I wish they were with me now. Thanks for your prayers and your friendship. See you Sunday! PS. I will tell you how the ribs were tomorrow!

1 comment:

Pastor Jay said...

Actually, nothing really crazy happened tonight - i was kinda dissappointed! love ya D