Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm Lov'n the Small Group Thing!


Fellow members of The Tribe - Date Night at Steamboats in Washington

Tonight was our small group night - The Tribe Date Night. We had 12 tonight attend for a cruise for dinner at Steamboat Warehouse in Washington, LA. Then we drove down I-49 at a cruz'in speed all the way to Jefferson Street Downtown for coffee at Mello Joy. I love sharing life and sharing stories with friends in this kind of atmosphere. Actually, any atmosphere is great when I'm on my bike! The cool thing is Tessy finally gets to ride with me. Since I've had my bike, she has either been pregnant or just had a baby. We still have a 4 month old that needs his mother quite often still, So, we get a baby sitter to follow us to the restarant in the suburban with baby Britt. Cool Huh? Tonight was even exciting for Britt, cause he had his new friend in the back seat with him - Ashton Layne Begnaud! Ashton is only 2 1/2 weeks old (Rudy and Tandi's Baby) but I'm pretty sure they talked and cut up all the way there and back. If you are a part of TFC, get involved in a small group that meets your needs. We have over 40 this summer and will have over 75 this coming Fall Semester. Life was meant to be lived out with others. Don't do life by yourself. God saw Adam and said, "Not Good, Adam can't do life alone! He needs a companion. He was not created to just be alone." (My paraphrase) See you next time at a UL Small Group!

1 comment:

Tandi Loving said...

Britt and Ashton did great! They both slept most of the way to Washington, Mello Joy and back home! Thanks Pastor
Jay & Mrs Tessy for inviting us to come along with you guys! We had a great time with friends at TFC! Rudy and I love being a part of such a great FAMILY Church!