Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Football?


Coach Ryan Rogers, former Offensive Lineman at Grambling State U, teaching tecnique!
2006 has been a year of history making for LCA. The student enrollment is at an all time high - 504 students, the new school is TOTALLY paid off, and plans for the the 4 million dollar sports complex and new high school are already being drawn up. Don't expect to see bulldozers in a week or so, but we are moving forward in that direction. What an incredible God we serve. We are so over-rated!

Michael "Gilapogus" Muguira, 6'5", 287 pounds of raw challenger!
Now let me tell you about a "dream come through" for me. Of all the things that we have seen over the last 5 years, the one thing I have dreamed about for the longest has been- TACKLE FOOTBALL at LCA. Hey, I have been here longer than everyone now except GOD. I played more flag football in my life to last 6 lifetimes! I can remember putting on my cousins helmet when I was about 8 yrs old, he played for his elementary school in Eunice, I would imagine myself running, throwing, and knocking the teeth out of someone - Guys are so violent by nature - I love that about us - "It's not really fun till someone gets hurt bad kinda attitude". Then I would go back to LCA and had to be content with "pulling a flag?" Well, that dream of mine was never fulfilled during my school days. However, I have continued the pursuit, never letting that dream die for next generation that would follow me, and now "the 5 Miller Boys" will get to fulfill my dream by "knocking the teeth out of someone". Okay, all of you that think that is barbaric, its a figure of speech, work with me here! I don't mean all of their teeth - just like one or two! What's cool about having this many boys (5) - some team will have to face the "Miller Boys" every year for like 12 yrs. With this many male Millers, you can't get rid of us. We are to many - power in numbers baby! Deal with it! Thank you Tessy, I knew you loved me!

Team watching, learning, and listening to instructions!
This Thursday night (31st) in Plaquimine, LA, The Challengers of LCA will hit the field for their 1st game in the school's history. I'm thinking of going early and tailgating - you think I'm kidding? If possible, as many that can, let's go and make History together! Not sure who we are playing but that is irrelevant - we're just gonna hit whoever shows up. Now, I'm not saying we are gonna win, but we will look the best. The uniforms are fine! Thank you fathers that have helped with coaching and have been volunteering your time and energy!

Challenger Pride!
I was at practice yesterday afternoon - it was 105 degrees in the shade - these kids have an all this gear on, running, tackling, and sweating under those helmets - and all I could see was smiles! Almost all asked, "Pastor Jay, you gonna be there Thursday night?" I wouldn't miss it for the world. Go Challengers! I will see you Thursday night. Oh yea, Knock the teeth out of somebody - maybe I shouldn't say that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have band thurs. night!! they look great in those pads and helmets. and i love the design on the helmet! GO CHALLENGERS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Josiah also has his first game on Thursday at 4:45. He is pretty pumped!

Tandi Loving said...

Have fun at the game - wish I could be there!

Go Josiah - We are cheering for you too! Well, I can't believe I would cheer for Carencro, but YES I will for YOu! Good luck tomorrow night!