Monday, July 24, 2006

TFC's Next Missionary to Africa! Get Ready! R U Next?

What a great way to start the week, and a great start to a vision that has been in my heart for many years. Sending Missionaries from TFC to the World! Today was the 1st step in that direction. Early this morning, Brous and I drove to Baton Rouge to meet with Dan Ohlerking of Children's Cup. We discussed the possibilities of sending Brous to work with them on a 3-4 month missions trip to Swaziland in Southern Africa. I have known the Ohlerking family for about 18 yrs now. I was reacquantied with their ministry upon my personal commitment to train leaders in Swaziland with Equip and John Maxwell. They have some great projects going on in the southern regions of Africa. Upon my return from Swaziland 3 weeks ago, the Lord begin to speak to me about sending the next generation of missionaries out to the nations. I remember my 1st long-term missions trip out of high-school, 41 days to Grenada. It changed my life! For the first time in my life, I actually believed that God had a special plan for me and a future in His kingdom. Brous, I am praying that God will use this experience and touch you in a way that only He can do. Brous is looking at a early September departure and a December return. The final details are yet to be known for his trip, but today we reached a milestone! I pray that TFC will send many more in the days ahead all over the globe. Brous, I believe in you and can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of your life. TFC, get behind the vision of World Missions and get your passports ready! Will you be the Next One?

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

We love having you excited about Africa along with us...I wonder what God will do next! Thanks for joining us in the 40 days of prayer for the children.

theinnerprocess said...

Jay and Brous, this sounds great. Brous will be a blessing to all. I know he will do great! I too believe in you!