Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A True Disciple!


An Attorney turned Plumber!
This Past Sunday was week 3 of our Sunday series titled, Disciple. We have been learning what True Disciples do for the sake of Christ and others. In my message Sunday I mentioned that true disciples see a need and then meet the need. Jesus washed the feet of His disciples - He saw a need and meet a need. I mentioned that Jesus was not a professional foot washer but had a heart to serve people. I said that there are many thinks that I can do to serve other, however, there are some things I cannot do, like fix the drain in our bathroom for the tub. For several weeks, Tessy and I have been using wash cloths to hold down the drain deal. Last week we even used duct tape to hold it down. Sunday we all laughed at that story in my message. Well, Sunday afternoon I received a call from an attorney, David Carrier, who said, "Pastor I can come and fix that drain of yours". I said Come on over! Attorney during week, plumber on the weekends! He fixed it! Did you know that Lowe's has a whole section just for tub fixin? While he was there, I mentioned that my computer wasn't working right as well! Hey, he had a tool box and I was thinking of everything else that needed a LITTLE ATTENTION! What a Heart of a Disciple!

No comments: