Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Like Father Like Son and Beyond!


Sterling on Rightside!

Mud and Grass - Oh Yeah!

Coach Barry giving instructions!

Great Team Effort for the Day!
In March of this year a boyhood dream of mine was fulfilled at 36 years old - I got to play Tackle Football. I played for the Lafayette Hurricanes Semi-Pro Team. Great season and great memories will never be forgotten. We were Conference Champions and will be receiving a Championship Ring in several weeks. I have always told my boys that they would do more than "Dad" did and that they would also do it at a younger age than I did. I didn't preach my first message till 16 or take a missions trip to a different Continent until 23. 4 of my kids have already been to different Continents before they were 7 yrs old. This week another milestone - Jay Sterling started tackle football at 10 not 36 like me. One day he and his brothers will all do greater things than I will have or will ever accomplish! That is my prayer anyway. I will keep you posted as to his progress. He looked very good the last 2 days, he aready cut out drinkig cokes and yesterday he even turned down a snowball! Now you know he is fired up about FOOTBALL!

Our Conference Championship Ring!

No comments: