Sunday, October 08, 2006

Africa Update!


A picture I took on Wed. pm in Craddock
Well, thanks for your patience regarding this posting in Africa - We have been in a place that internet has never been heard of yet! Anyway, We have been in Craddock, South Africa on a real African Safari. We meet with some friends of mine that I met last year on a trip to Africa - Then Boogie, Clint and I had the opportunity to see a dream come true - Hunt in the Jungles of Africa. We had a great time and got to take home a few animals. Boogie and Clint thought they had died and went to heaven! Camouflaged, Rifle, 1000's of animals, and all this in Africa. A far cry from Winnfield, LA. I am sitting now in the international wing of Johannesburg Airport awaiting our flight to Swaziland. I spoke with Scott Bledsoe and he is already on the ground. The conference begins on Monday and concludes on Thursday. We are scheduled to arrive on Friday into New Orleans.

Boogie and Clint's 1st meal in Africa - French Fries!
I heard that Pastor Derek did a fantastic job on Wednesday night and I know he will do great today. I will be calling the church at both services today. 9 am from South Africa and 11 AM from Swaziland. What a neat deal. Have a great week TFC. I love you all and pray for you and your families often. I heard from Brous just now who is in Kenya - Great things happening there. I will be with Brous on Thursday and I think he will be going back to Swaziland for 1 more month. We are working out the details now. See you soon. I miss all of you and can't wait to be back with all my family!

A trophy Gemsbok from S. Africa!

No comments: