Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ain't nobody like Bishop TD Jakes!


In front of the Potter's House! The BISHOP!
Well last night all of us got to experience The Potter's House and Bishop Jakes live and in person! What an experience as over 6 thousand Pastors and leaders came together and experienced church. I have heard many preachers in my life but never like TD Jakes. He spoke for over 2 1/2 hours last night and never opened a bible or notebook.

Worship in the house w/Gary Oliver!
It was incredible - Derek Capello took over 5 pages of notes - I stopped halfway through cause it was too much! The 200 member choir and band was rocking. Gary Oliver opened the service with worship. Bishop Jakes had us on the edge. He talked about that there is power in partnerships. Luke 5, when Jesus said throw your nets down on the other side - the net began to break and John called for the other boats that were standing by to help with the load - Partnerships. Great atmosphere and great message. Saw my good friend Scott Bledsoe and his staff.

Derek in the personal space of this giraffe.
Today, we will go and eat lunch together with them. Before the evening meeting, we went to the Bass Pro Shop. The largest sports and outdoor store in the world. Boogie was in heaven! The was a Game Room of animal mounts - we had to check that out. I saw a lot of animals I see in Africa - In fact Boogie and I will hunt a few of these animals in Africa in 2 weeks or so when we head to Swaziland for our 6th of 6 leadership conferences. Today will be at all day meetings - Different speakers all day and workshops. Can't wait to see what all is in store. Be blessed!
My prayer one day is to have a Lion in our Lobby! A Kudu - I may get to shoot one like this next week

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool to see that you enjoyed the conference!! I listened to Bishop TD Jakes once on TV and he is an excellent preacher!!