Friday, July 28, 2006

Kidz Blitz "Live"




jay sterling about to get into some "kidz blitz" action

What a wild and crazy Friday night with the boyz. Well, at least with 3 of the 5. We were out at "family life" church with Pastor Todd Menard. They had VBS all week and it concluded with a wild and crazy game night on the big stage. Sterling was in some kind of game with a bunch of balls falling on him and he had to do something! So much screaming going on I couldn't hear a word. I found out afterwards by my 5 yr old son, Jansen, that the "blue" team won. Which made us real glad cause we were on that blue team. Don't think we won anything for it but a sore throat and a free headache.


"blue" team celebrating our big win!

Also tonight, I got to see one of our small groups as well. Pastor Dwayne and Stephanie, our kids pastors, had a van load of staff and workers with them as well. To bad they were on the green team. The green team got waxed! Sorry dwayne and steph, we love ya anyway. shane bellard also took a loss tonight. If that wasn't enough, we went eat at chick-fill-a afterwards, so they could play on the indoor play area. My thoughts were, "I just want to go home and watch sportscenter for 25 min. or so".


Daddy, Micah (worried about toilet paper on his shoe), sterling, and Jansen

Tonight was all about sacrifice and here is why. Tonight, John-Mac and I were supposed to ride motorcycles and head to dinner somewhere (far away, I hope). Tessy was supposed to take the kids to game night tonight. She was feeling a little tired and asked me to join her tonight with the kids. I decided I would take the kids and suggested that she stay home and rest. I called John-Mac and told him we had a last minute audible. He brought his son Seth and we all went together. Good job John-Mac! That is what "family" is all about - SACRIFICE! It's about serving the ones that God has placed in our lives. Life is not, nor should, always be about "ME". I challenge all of us, to look around, see who God has placed around us, and serve THEM. What a way to live - don't think I would want to live any other way. Looking forward to some great weekend services with my "family" this Sunday at TFC!

OH YEAH, GO BLUE TEAM!!!

No comments: